RE: MP3 encoders

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: MP3 encoders
  • From: "Jonathan Bradshaw" <jonathan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:01:05 +0100

Well, if you want good quality then you will need a good ripper, I suggest
getting the eval version of www.audiograbber.com-us.net although there are
other great rippers out there.

You need a good MP3 encoder, so grab LAME from www.sulaco.org/mp3

Finally, go to http://www.r3mix.net/
and read up on the best quality
settings for LAME.

I'd also suggest you also look at OGG (www.vorbis.com) for a patent-free
and
as good if not better encoding. I'm re-encoding everything to OGG for the
future.

Do not use any of the "all in one" type software if you want good
quality
:-)