RE: KAT5 AV Units - Update (Was : RE: Re: CAT-5 wiring details)

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KAT5 AV Units - Update (Was : RE: Re: CAT-5 wiring details)
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:08:00 +0100

> It would be nice to have some idea what the demand would be.=20
> I am attempting
> to use the same PCB for the transmitter and reciever so that=20
> I only have one
> type of board. This will save me one lot of setup charges and=20
> also double
> the quantity of boards I order. Both factors will help to=20
> drive the cost
> down. Also subject to the number of units required I can look=20
> at different
> suppliers of the components.

As I've said privately - I'm down for  a transmitter and receiver.

> When the TSOP 1838 was discontinued I managed to find some=20
> suppliers that
> offered prices substantailly lower than Maplin were charging.=20
> Unfortunately
> they didnt have any stock ! They also had minimum orders=20
> approaching the
> =A3200 mark. If there is only a demand for 10 items then I cant=20
> even consider
> such suppliers, but if there is a need for 100 then I am one=20
> happy bunny :-)

Don't you have a few TSOP1838s left from the UKHA bulk order?  Or not
enough?

> When I was at the PCB company yesterday they asked what the=20
> circuit was for.
> After telling them about it they want a demo of a finished=20
> unit with a view
> to using them on their own CCTV system as they have their=20
> whole site flood
> wired with CAT5 :-)

Result!  Perhaps they might waive setup costs or something....?

James H

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Click here and you can even personalize these quotes!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9536/9/_/2065/_/970218022/