Re: Increasing strength of composite video ?

At 15:46 21/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
>poor strength the camera is actually WORSE in low light.

What sort of camera is it?  Did you use the supplied cable?  Can you test
it with a shorter or rerouted cable?

>The cable run is not all that long, so I was wondering if anyone knew
if it
>was possible to amplify the signal in some way.

It is, but that might not help.  What does the picture look like?  Is is
consistently grainy, are there stripes on it (stationary or moving ones),
is it jumping about?  Or is it just too dim?  If it's stable but grainy,
it's probably the camera itself that's duff, can you try another one of the
same model in case it's faulty?

If the camera output is noisy, there's really nothing you can do to fix it
on the output that would be cheaper than a good CCTV camera.  If the output
is clean, but the picture is too dark, there might be an AGC setting in the
camera, or you could amplify the video signal.  I've not seen commercial
composite video 'boosters' cheaper than a decent camera though... the
little mixers that are often sold for editing home videos might give enough
of a 'brightness' adjustment to help.

Nigel

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9335/9/_/2065/_/969956826/