Re: PCMCIA Advice?

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9336/9/_/2065/_/969923845/

Hi Mark,

I'd recommend anything by Xircom. I've used a large number of makes and
models with my work, and generally find them to be the most compatible
and problem free. They also do a good range of combined cards.

Cardbus compatible cards MAY work on your laptop as long as the drivers
are good enough. Check out Toshiba's web site for the technical specs of
your machine and for any BIOS or driver updates for that could enhance
your PCMCIA connections.

Hope that helps

Calum

Mark McCall wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I want to buy a new 10/100 PCMCIA LAN card for my aging P133 Toshiba
as well
> as a V90 modem.
>
> I've seen a lot of new "Cardbus" stuff but I presume this
isn't supported by
> my machine.  What about the cards that are a modem and LAN device in
one?

> Anyone got any advice or models to recommend?
>
> Thanks
>
> M.
>
> _________________________________
> The UKs Premier Home Automation Site