Infra red transceivers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Infra red transceivers
  • From: nick.broughton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:06:43 +0000

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/9/_/2065/_/969887301/

I've done my first X10 appliance now and am about to do a few more.  A
CM12U is on my shopping list for some basic macros, and an infrared
transceiver.  I believe that there are two of these, one is CE approved
and expensive, the other isn't.

Should I buy the CE one or should I save the money, or does it depend
on my conscience?

I also have an old One For All 8 remote, bought from Rumbelows in their
liquidataion sale, although I now use a Remote Angel :-(.  The OFA8 has
HA capabilities which I intend to program into the Angel but I'm not
sure how the buttons translate to X10 commands, does anyone know, is it
obvious, can I get guidelines from a website or do I need a new remote?
I know I need to upgrade the Remote Angel to a Pronto, but that's not
the answer I'm looking for today!

Regards

Nick