RE: Are BT serious?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Are BT serious?
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:10:52 +0100

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/9/_/2065/_/969617345/

Guys,

Thanks all for the suggestions and advice. I think it very likely that my
customer has a DACS line. However, the problem was NOT one of inability to
connect at high speed. It was total failure to dial correctly 9 times out
of
10. (To the extent that we got a "number you have called has not been
recognised.)

The line is now working, but with a genuine 3Com modem rather than the
modem
that came supplied with the HP Pavilion.

I know that the Pavilion modem is working on other phone lines (tested
before and after the problems at our customer's). I also know that two
consecutive Pavilion PCs have had the same problem.

I am putting it down to a case of "you get what you pay for", and
realising
that a £100 modem _IS_ better than a £30 one. Much as it hurt me to pay
that
price, and buy PC equipment from Dixons, it was the only solution that
fixed
our customers problem in the timescale we needed!

What I'm now intending to do is get a small "float" of high-end
modems for
customers where the standard one doesn't work.

Regards,

Mark