RE: HA control via web pages

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HA control via web pages
  • From: "Dan Hoehnen" <dhoehnen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:31:24 -0400

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9146/9/_/2065/_/968952638/

First, I am one of the developers of the Comfort Web Interface (CWI).  But,
I will try to remain objective.

I think that Comfort and its web interface will be what you want if you are
going to buy Comfort.  I say this because CWI is built on ACE (a home
automation program I wrote) and the web pages all use ASP.  ACE supports HV
and Comfort (I have both in my house).  The CWI web pages are all wide open
for you to see and modify the html or asp as you see fit.  They allow for
sending commands to ACE and displaying info from ACE.  This means you can
easily build a web page to display Comfort status info, HV status info, and
to send commands to either HV or Comfort.  ACE has a large number of API
commands which you can also execute from a web page.

I am glad to go into more detail if desired.  Since you said you liked ASP
and IIS I think the CWI pages would be a good fit.

Dan