RE: Temperature Sensing

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Temperature Sensing
  • From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:44:10 +0100

Need a credit card?
Instant Approval and 0% intro APR with Aria!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7101/9/_/2065/_/968939455/

I ink digitemp is designed to work with the 9097E, rather than the 9097U.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the 9097U from? I'm after
one, but can't find anywhere with stock.

At 14:48 14/09/00 +0100, you wrote:

> > If you want to use Linux, make sure you buy a DS9097U-009 Comm
port
> > adaptor. _DONT_ get a DS9097E, they are a pain to get working
under Linux,
> > and there are no libraries for them.
> >

>Thanks for the advice, just got the 9097U and some DS18S20s, they work
>treat.
>
>I tried to use the DigiTemp package from
>http://www.nexuscomputing.com/template.php3?insert=digitemp.html
but it
>doesn't seem to work for me.
>
>Then I fetched the public domain kit from
>http://www.ibutton.com/software/1wire/wirekit.html
which
>does work.
>
>It's a very cheap and easy way to do temperature sensing.
>
>Nick.

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet Ltd                         Special
t: 07976 625221                        Projects
e: sg@xxxxxxx                   Developer
f: 0870 7060260
www.schoolsnet.com
"It has been claimed that a very large number of monkeys, armed with a
very
large number of typewriters, would eventually reproduce the great works of
mankind. It would appear that the internet is well on its way to proving
that wrong." - Anonymous