New version of Setup for Marantz RC5000/ RC5000i (Pronto?)

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New version of Setup for Marantz RC5000/ RC5000i (Pronto?)
  • From: Williams Christopher C <CCWILLIAMS@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:16:54 +0100

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/968660248/

A note of warning!

I noticed the new version of RC5000 Setup on the net the other day do
downloaded it.
This version of setup can upgrade the operating system/application
within the RC5000 to the latest version.

I thought this seemed like a good idea so I tried it.

Guess what?  It decided to fail half way!  RC5000 is now dead.  I assume
that it now has a corrupted flash memory to the point where it has no
working OS and therefore doesn't know how to talk to the PC anymore, let
alone its own display!

I assume it is a case of returning to manufacturer for re-programming?

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone know how to sort it?

Your comments/ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris Williams

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.