[OT] Home Network IP filters Problem

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Home Network IP filters Problem
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:20:00 +0100

Spend your money on the things you enjoy…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/968250050/

Hi,

At Home I connect to the Internet over home highway using a Intel Router
which has firewall IP filtering. The problem is the out of the box settings
for filters does not allow me to send mail, I can receive ok but outgoing
outlook reports that it cannot connect to the server (in this case
freenetname). I know that it is the filters that are causing the problem
because if I switch filtering off it works ok.

Without going though every filter in turn does any one know what is
required
to connect to a SMTP server ?

John