From: "Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <andyb@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 4:06 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Whole house audio

This is probably a recurring topic, so I apologise in advance if it's been
covered before.

I've got a couple of speakers coming out of the "B" speaker
sockets of my
amp going out the kitchen and one upstairs.  This works, but only has one
channel per room (left speaker upstairs, right speaker in kitchen - and yes
I know it's crap!).

I'd really like to get true stereo in each room of the house, but I don't
really know where to start.  I've checked as many HA sites as I can find,
but can't really find a definitive guide to this.  Assuming I could get
CAT5
(or whatever is best) wired cleanly around the house, what kit would I need
?  At the moment I'm driving speakers directly from the speaker output, but
would it be better to drive a line-out to other amps in each room?

Any definitive guides out there?  Which kit would you recommend?

I'm toying with RF speakers (seen some in Comet for £49.99), but I'd
understand the quality may be questionable.  I guess it's important to say
that I'm in no way an "audiophile" - I go for functionality
rather than
quality.  This RF solution would be very easy to set up and assuming I
could
buy additional speakers all tuned to the same frequency, I'd only need one
transmitter.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Cheers

Andy