Re: Pendant light fittings with screw-fit

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/6347/9/_/2065/_/967812607/

Nigel Orr wrote:

> E14 or E27?

Eh? ;) Dunno. I'll have to ask.

> CPC (http://www.cpc.co.uk have
some E27 ones, but they aren't
> pendant type, and they have a short skirt (as opposed to Home Office
> skirt!), so aren't suitable for bathrooms/damp areas.

Yeah, saw those. I was contemplating getting the E27 batten holder and a
regular bayonet pendant set, and seeing if the connecty bit of the
former
will fit in the casing of the latter.

> You could try Ikea, most of their fittings are ES (Edison Screw), not
sure
> if they do a plain pendant one though.

Ah, good idea, ta.

> Note that you can't use SES (I
> think that's E14 in eurospeak) ones on a normal 10A UK lighting
circuit,
> they are 6A max.  ES and GES are 16A.

Wow, you really know your light fittings ;).

> Probably just about everywhere apart from the UK :-)

I have a colleague in the US who should be popping down to Home
Depot right about now ;).

cheers

ant
--