RE: (ukha_d) 1st UK DigiBox with digital audio out

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (ukha_d) 1st UK DigiBox with digital audio out
  • From: peter.white@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:30:56 +0100

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/9/_/2065/_/967721872/

Definitely go to a local store/supplier.

My Digibox went wrong last week, (an Amstrad, NOT by choice) - the local
fi=
tter
said that Sky will generally supply Amstrads unless specifically asked not
=
to,
and even then you'll probably only get another Grundig.  I doubt Sky will
distribute the Sony boxes as part of the =A340 deal, despite what they
said=
in the
publicity blurb.

A word of warning - my digibox is costing =A3160 to repair, regardless of
t=
he
fault.  This is because (again according to the installer) the Amstrad
boxe=
were cheap to build, and not many spares were built at the same time, as
th=
is is
lost revenue in their eyes.  So the box goes back to Amstrad for fixing -
n=
ice
way of recouping the money 'lost' with the 'free' offer!

The annoying thing is that I've just moved, so I could have got a new box,
=
but
now it's too late :-(

Pete