RE: BLATANT AD ! was Urgent - Time to kill, want to build IR Extender

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: BLATANT AD ! was Urgent - Time to kill, want to build IR Extender
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:18:23 -0000

Hi Graham,

If you decide to build Nigel's circuit I have some TSOP 1838's available.

Mail me direct if you want some

Keith

and  I have
to admit that the latter looks much simpler than Nigel's version. However I
am interested in having multiple transmitters and receivers at some point
in
the future (immediate need is to control HomeVision from another room).
Also
I am a bit concerned about the 1m limit for the receiver in the simpler
circuit (I would want to be able to locate the receiver about 4m from the
normal seating position). So all I really want to know is what to buy, how
to build it and is this really feasible for a complete novice ?

If anyone has any advice or suggestions (other than go and do an
electronics
course !) then please respond.

Regards

Graham