Suggestions for HA friendly heating components

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Suggestions for HA friendly heating components
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:56:42 -0000

Following recent discussions here I thought it might be sensible for me to
upgrade my current heating system. We are about to get a bathroom and
shower
room completely refitted and this will involve replacing out current puny
little hot water tank. Of course this means draining the system and I
thought whilst it was drained, why not get the plumber to upgrade the
heating controls. Currently we have a very strange set up with several of
the radiators in the house actually on the hot water system rather than the
central heating loop. Also we have no zone control. The house is quite
large
and has a single storey section, two storey section and three storey
section. I have had a chat with the plumber and we have agreed on a three
zone system which would allow us to heat the rooms in line with most
typical
usage. My question is what make of system to install. I currently have
HomeVision and Comfort (though not yet installed) and want to get something
that is HA friendly. On the Comfort site there is a mention of future
connectivity with the Honeywell Smartfit system which certainly looks OK,
but I am not sure what I should be looking for. I will have the house flood
wired with CAT5 so it would be preferable for any heating controls (valves,
thermostats etc) to be happy using that wiring, but other than that I don't
have any particular preference. Budget is not a major constraint but I am
not looking to replace the entire heating system, the boiler, pipe work and
radiators are all fine. Does anyone have any recommendations, in particular
does anyone have experience of the Smartfit system.

Regards

Graham

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/9/_/2065/_/972903431/