RE: Re: Ultimate Central Heating Thermostat

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: Ultimate Central Heating Thermostat
  • From: nick.broughton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:33:43 +0000

One feature my central heating currently has (installed by previous
occupant), is no internal thermostat.

If the heating is on, the control panel determines the temperature of
the water to be used in the radiators.  It does this by monitoring an
external thermometer.  There are user(installer) controllable settings
on the control panel to determine the coefficients of the equation
used.  Once set and adjusted after a bedding in period, these should
never need to be changed.  The boiler maintains the water at this
temperature.

I think this is what Patrick is talking about.

Benefits of this are;
1) the radiators are never so hot to be untouchable
2) it seems very efficient (I've always been amazed how low the gas
bills are)
3) there's no temperature fluctuation as the thermostat comes on and off

Ray's system does have some additional features that I'd also like to
incorporate in the future.

Nick