_Very_ soft start and slow fade for lights!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: _Very_ soft start and slow fade for lights!
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:57:33 +0100

Just a vague query at this point, hope someone here can help.  I am looking
for a simple controller that will fade up a light over a period of an hour
or so, and fade it down over the same period a few hours later, and do that
repeatedly.  Think of it as a daylight simulator, and you'll be fairly
close to the mark.

Is there anything 'off the shelf' available that will do that?  I'm aware
of 'soft start' dimmers etc, but I'm not sure they can be made to go that
slowly, and to fade off.  It needs to be something quite simple... at
present it would be for an incandescent light, but there might be a need
for similar control of a fluorescent at some point, so any pointers would
be gratefully received.

It doesn't need remote control or much programmability, it does need to be
reliable, and ideally it would be a single box that I _don't_ have to build
for myself... but anything can be considered at this stage!

Nigel

Receive 500 minutes of Personal Conferencing FREE.
Go to Sprintbiz.com.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9786/9/_/2065/_/972475109/