Re: Running Cables - A possible solution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Running Cables - A possible solution
  • From: Colin Bradford <colin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:35:18 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Don McAllister wrote:

> I've been planning some cat5 cabling for ages and considering all the
> suggestions for running cables between rooms ie, cutting channels in
floors,
> walls etc. All a bit messy and sounds like hard work.
>
> I was sitting in a machine room in work and noticed that the skirting
board
> was in fact white plastic uvpc trunking designed to look like a
skirting
> board!! This may be an simple way to hide all the various cables I
need to
> run. Does any one have any idea where I might find a suitable supplier
or
> has anyone come across this before ?

Marshall Tufflex - Sovereign Plus range is designed to go in hotels,
houses etc. Looks very like skirting - I've got it throughout the house,
except kitchen, hall, bathrooms. The architrave doesn't look quite as
good, but it's still not very noticable. Also - you don't have to paint
it every few years :)

Can't remember the cost- it was put in by the builder when the house was
built. However, it's not that big - I've got 6 cat-5's in a couple of
places, and it's getting a bit full.

Also, the accessory boxes put the faceplates above the skirting, and
proud of it - to get sufficient depth for a connector. So, they look a
bit obvious - but not too bad.

Cheers,

Colin.

--
Colin Bradford, Forrester Research
Charlotte House, 9-14 Windmill Street, London W1P 1HF UK

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/9/_/2065/_/972412580/