Pronto/RC 5000 light sensor

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pronto/RC 5000 light sensor
  • From: Williams Christopher C <CCWILLIAMS@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:14:37 +0100

Hi all,

The batteries (Ni Mh) in my RC 5000 died last week.  The thing
just didn't take any charge and died if I lifted it off the charger
while on.
Any how, I contacted my supplier who said bring it in.  I left
it with him expecting him to replace the battery pack.  To my surprise
he replaced the whole unit.  Apparently he/Marantz couldn't determine
whether the fault was with the battery or the RC 5000 itself.

Initially I thought I had done well to get a new controller, the
old one had hardly been used but was 9 months old.  However I am now not
so sure I have done well!  The new one has no ambient light sensor,
apparently because the sensor contained some banned substance in Europe!

Now whenever I want to use the thing in low light levels instead
of just tapping the screen to turn the light on, easily done in gloomy
conditions and with the unit on the base, I have to press the button on
the side.  This may seem trivial, but it ir really annoying.  Also both
lights come on at once, before either the screen or the direct button
lights came on depending on which you touched.

In general I think removing the light sensor has degraded the
unit.  I just wondered if anyone else had any view on this?

Cheers,

Chris Williams

PS I tried to persuade my supplier to upgrade it to a RC5000i -
he said he hadn't seen one yet!

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/9/_/2065/_/972299740/