Re: Any problems using an Alcatel 'Easy' with Comfort?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Any problems using an Alcatel 'Easy' with Comfort?
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:11:44 +0100

At 17:25 22/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>We bought the this phone as it was billed as comfort compatible,
however
>we are unable to get it to address Comfort at all. The phone works for
>the doorstation OK.

Someone might have a better idea on comfort-technical but I can suggest a
couple of handy hints...

If you listen carefully, you might hear a slight change in the dial tone
when Comfort stops listening for '*' being pressed- can't remember if it
gets louder or quieter, think it gets louder.

Lift another phone at the same time as the Alcatel, and see if the '*' is
getting pressed soon enough after it goes off hook.  Newer Comfort
firmwares allow you to make Comfort listen for longer after the phone goes
offhook, you might need to change that setting, though the list doesn't
mention that phone being a problem?

If it isn't that, do you get a confirmation 'beep' when you press '*'?  If
not, Comfort isn't hearing it for some reason- can you make it do a longer
'*' tone by holding the key?

>Also, is there a schematic for the engineer menu system anywhere?

If you mean the flowchart thingy, it's in the installation manual- it's on
page 122 of my pdf version, about 3 pages before the back.

HTH,

Nigel

Receive 500 minutes of Personal Conferencing FREE.
Go to Sprintbiz.com.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9786/9/_/2065/_/972288708/