RE:[OT] Magazines was FW: The demise of Maplin

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE:[OT] Magazines was FW: The demise of Maplin
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:41:45 +0100

Hi Neil

Both still trading.

Magenta	http://www.magenta2000.co.uk
Greenweld	http://greenweld.co.uk

I never bought Hobby Electronics which was an offshoot of ETI.

I started with Everyday Electronics and Practical Electronics in 1973 and
added Electronics Today International in 1976. I bought electronics and
Music Maker when Maplin started it and it then became Electronics and
Beyond. I also had a spell of buying Elektor as well.

I now just get two.....
the snappily titled 3 for 1 offering

"Everyday Practical Electronics incorporating Electronics Today
International"

and "Electronics and Beyond"

By Disco Lights you are obviously remembering the liquid colour wheels for
Optikinetics projectors which were one a mainstay of nightclub lighting.
They are still in production. Take a look at http://www.optikinetics.com/
to see some of the designs. I think that the ones you refer to had names
like "Orgy" but in these more politically correct times these
seem to have
been discontinued.

Keith