RE: RIP Cirkit

I dont think you're boring :-)

But then there are those who think I am a very sad person   :-(

.....until they have something that needs fixing, then I am GOD :-)

Its sad that the advertisers have convinced people that computer games are
a better hobby than developing real skills that will help them in their
working life.

I used to love playing with my Meccano set to see what I could make.
It also came in useful for "one-off" brackets and I remember when
I was
about 6 that my dad pinched a couple of piecesto fit a radio into his car.

I cant think which catalogue you are referring to.

Rapid used to have blue covers and were amongst the first to stock blue
LED's
I have used Rapid since about 1985/6 and visited them in 1987 when I was
working in Colchester. At that time they were housed in run down
"green
sheds" for want of a better description and the catalogue was only
about
100 pages. but what they had was good, cheap and available. Now they have
purpose built units on the Severalls Industrial Estate and are going from
strength to strength. Maybe they are taking a lot of Maplins old business.

Keith