Re: RIP Cirkit

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RIP Cirkit
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:13:56 +0100

At 09:37 20/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm afraid that Cirkit have gone the way of a lot of
>other small firms and been taken over by a larger group.

Maybe electronics is just too boring to be a hobby any more?  Speaking
as=20
an electronics hobbyist, I'm certainly boring...

I've just vaguely remembered another catalogue I used to get, but
haven't=20
seen for years.  I'm sure it was electro-something, but I can't remember=20
the 'something'.  Maybe it was electrospeed or electrovalue, is=20
electrovalue definitely the RS one?

The catalogue was A5 sized, about 100 pages, the last thing I remember=20
about it was that their blue LEDs were 'only' about =A35, which might date=
=20
the last one I saw... anyone remember?  IIRC, the cover had a double=20
v-shaped white line, maybe on a blue background?

A few years ago, I thought that electronics might die as a hobby because=20
components would be too small to manipulate, didn't think the companies=20
stopping supporting it would be the reason!

Nigel

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9816/9/_/2065/_/972033429/