From: "Nigel Orr" <nigel@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 11:01 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Richer Sounds Remote Angel

Just noticed in an old (not very old- last month?) What Hi-Fi that Richer
Sounds were selling the M1 Enhanced 'Remote Angel' learning remote for £40
instead of £70.  Not seen that price elsewhere (in their catalogues or
website), so it might be worth a look at a current copy of the magazine if
anyone is interested in a cheap learning remote

It's _not_ a pronto, (fixed selection of icons, no PC interface, no
pre-learnt codes), but it's fast to use, much cheaper than pronto, backlit
touchscreen, 8 screens for different equipment.  There are several
different 'icons' at each button position, so different screens look
appropriate to the equipment.  There's basic macro programming, no timer
though.  I did a review at the start of the year, which is at
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/review-m1.html

The only other remote used at home now is for the video, where the remote
decodes the videoplus codes- for folk on a non-Pronto budget I'd definitely
rate it as worth a look, though I still aspire to a Pronto one day!  It's
also battery friendly- I got mine last Christmas and, although the 'low
battery' indicator came on around January(!?!?), it's still running fine on
it's first set of cells!

There are some other companies coming out with 'improved' versions, selling
around the £70-£80 mark- better learning capacity etc etc

Nigel