Re: Cat 5 for power

At 10:37 19/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>for a moment I thought I would have to get yet more
>cable. I to am using all Krone IDC so should be OK for all pieces of
kit.

I've just allocated a couple of rows for 12V power- at the moment one of
them is from Comfort (for security-important stuff, basically anything that
needs to work when the mains power is off), the other is from a separate
power supply (with the 0V commoned to Comfort so it can power stuff which
interfaces to Comfort) and currently powers relays etc.

All the 'top' connectors are commoned in pairs, and each bottom pair goes
off to one piece of equipment.  That makes it easy to re-jig things if
necessary.

But get some more cable anyway, you'll probably use it for something :-)

Nigel

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9816/9/_/2065/_/971949833/