Richer Sounds Remote Angel

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Richer Sounds Remote Angel
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:01:40 +0100

Just noticed in an old (not very old- last month?) What Hi-Fi that
Richer=20
Sounds were selling the M1 Enhanced 'Remote Angel' learning remote for
=A34=
0=20
instead of =A370.  Not seen that price elsewhere (in their catalogues or=20
website), so it might be worth a look at a current copy of the magazine if=
=20
anyone is interested in a cheap learning remote

It's _not_ a pronto, (fixed selection of icons, no PC interface, no=20
pre-learnt codes), but it's fast to use, much cheaper than pronto, backlit=
=20
touchscreen, 8 screens for different equipment.  There are several=20
different 'icons' at each button position, so different screens look=20
appropriate to the equipment.  There's basic macro programming, no timer=20
though.  I did a review at the start of the year, which is at=20
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/review-m1.html

The only other remote used at home now is for the video, where the
remote=20
decodes the videoplus codes- for folk on a non-Pronto budget I'd
definitely=
=20
rate it as worth a look, though I still aspire to a Pronto one day!
It's=20
also battery friendly- I got mine last Christmas and, although the 'low=20
battery' indicator came on around January(!?!?), it's still running fine
on=
=20
it's first set of cells!

There are some other companies coming out with 'improved' versions,
selling=
=20
around the =A370-=A380 mark- better learning capacity etc etc

Nigel

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9816/9/_/2065/_/971949830/