X10 mods, was: This Damn Country!

Hmmmm.

First problem. the first unit is modded okay, except for one, rather
important component!

I need a .33uF Capacitor, rated at 400V, which can't be electrolytic (needs
to be able to survive polarity inversion)

Maplin only do "audio grade" caps which are:

a) Blooteringly expensive
b) huuuuuuge

RS Components only do a 22uF version. I am not sure of what effect this
will
have on the circuit. advice anyone? Keith? the 110V version used a 0.47uF,
and the mod calls for a 0.33uF will a 0.22uF be too low?

Does anyone know where I can get one? I don't reckon the type matters as
long as it isn't electrolytic.

Ian.

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
Call 1-800-555-TELL and hear everything. For info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9529/9/_/2065/_/971885618/