Re: RE: (ukha_d) Advice on PDAs Please??

At 16:06 17/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I want something I can take to Scotland, Portstewart etc and still get
my
>email without having to take the laptop.

Scotland _and_ Portstewart - aren't you past the age for cruising up and
down Portstewart promenade trying to impress the local girls? :-)

Seriously, if you want to read _all_ emails, you'll need the PDA route, but
if it's just the odd urgent one, http://www.talk21.com is worth looking
into- you get SMS notification when there's a new message, but you can call
in and have it read emails over the phone.  I only use mine for urgent
contact when I'm likely to be away from a computer for a long time, and it
works very well for a low volume of mail (you can even reply- it records
your voice and sends it as a .wav to the sender of the original email- but
I've not used that myself except to test it!)

It's also much more reliable than genie.co.uk 's email to SMS forwarding.

Nigel

No bidding, no
guesswork.  Just
great fares at Hotwire.