RE: RE: (ukha_d) Advice on PDAs Please??

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: RE: (ukha_d) Advice on PDAs Please??
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:12:38 BST

Yeah, I _have_ thought about losing the phone, - the only hassle I have
with
that plan is that I've got a full car kit fitted for the 6110.  - If I
change 'phone, I'll have to change the car kit as well. No biggie, but just
another little niggle.

Paul.

:-)

>Paul,
>
>Have you thought about "losing" your phone. I can check my
email by using a
>Compaq iPAQ and a Nokia 8210, just by pointing the ports at each other.
The
>more modern Nokias have a built in modem.
>
>Tim.

online by just
> > pointing the respective IR interfaces at each other, which is
what I
> > hoped/expected I would be able to do...
> >
> > Granted I could use an external GSM modem, but:
> >
> > Neither the phone nor the PDA are really "mine" - they
are supplied by
>my
> > company, they won't supply the additional modem, and I've no
> > desire to shell
> > out £80 of my own cash for something which will be useless to me
when I
> > upgrade either of the above..
> >
> > I lost my last Nokia data suite cable in a pretty short time! -
> > this would
> > be yet another cable to drag around with me, undoubtedly would
> > get lost (or
> > stolen :-o), and is not as easy to use as just pointing the 2
decices at
> > each other...
> >
> > Paul G.
> >

> > >Erm, yes you can!
> > >
> > >I have a Palm IIIx, and a Nokia 6110, which I can use to
surf/send
>email
> > >etc.
> > >
> > >You need a connecting cable with a built-in modem, made by
TDK.