Re: NT5 [you may know it as Windows 2000]

sorry, don't know why two copies sent

Calum

Calum Morrell wrote:

> Windows has been available a lot longer than Linux and therefore has
the
> user base to support it. Linux already is biting into MS market share.
> Linux has only been usable to anyone except techies like me and Nigel
> for a year or so - so it's got a bit to go yet.
>
> my my a short email from me, don't worry, won't last long
>
> Calum
>
> Mark McCall wrote:
> >
> > > Because most people happily bimble on using their products,
because they
> > > are tied to the software that has been developed around them
(homeseer etc
> > > etc as you have pointed out earlier this afternoon).
> >
> > But HS would not have been developed as a Windows app if Windows
was not the
> > prevailing OS that 90% of people used.
> >
> > > Secondly, because product quality is almost completely
unrelated to market
> > > share.
> >
> > True.  There a many other factors, price for example.   Although
with Linux
> > being "free" and "better" it's amazing it's
not on 90% of PCs :-)

> > > And that's why MS does so well.  So few people are prepared
to put any
> > > effort into getting something better.  And that's fine, if
they're happy
> > > with their lot, I don't care what OS they use for their
accounts, as long
> > > as it doesn't foul up my transactions!
> >
> > So when Linux becomes as "idiot proof" as Windows will
it start to bite into

-------------------------~-~>
> Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.  For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9533/9/_/2065/_/971733321/

begin:vcard
n:Morrell;Calum
tel;cell:+44 (0)709 214 1538