Re: NT5 [you may know it as Windows 2000]

Windows has been available a lot longer than Linux and therefore has the
user base to support it. Linux already is biting into MS market share.
Linux has only been usable to anyone except etches like me and Nigel for
a year or so - so it's got a bit to go yet.

my my a short email from me, don't worry, won't last long

Calum

Mark McCall wrote:

> > Because most people happily bimble on using their products,
because they
> > are tied to the software that has been developed around them
(homeseer etc
> > etc as you have pointed out earlier this afternoon).
>
> But HS would not have been developed as a Windows app if Windows was
not the
> prevailing OS that 90% of people used.
>
> > Secondly, because product quality is almost completely unrelated
to market
> > share.
>
> True.  There a many other factors, price for example.   Although with
Linux
> being "free" and "better" it's amazing it's not on
90% of PCs :-)

> > And that's why MS does so well.  So few people are prepared to
put any
> > effort into getting something better.  And that's fine, if
they're happy
> > with their lot, I don't care what OS they use for their accounts,
as long
> > as it doesn't foul up my transactions!
>
> So when Linux becomes as "idiot proof" as Windows will it
start to bite into

-------------------------~-~>
> Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9535/9/_/2065/_/971732736/

begin:vcard
n:Morrell;Calum