Re: Re-inventing the wheel...

well, the answer is yes, of course you can! You stick it in a virtual
machine [i.e. your choice of windows physically runs on Linux thinking
it has the machine to itself]. You may not like the way it can do it,
but it can.

I don't know about the ACE servers, but unless they provide some form of
wonder functionality - what's wrong with apache for web, sendmail and
fetchmail for smtp and pop4/imap. You've got dns, dhcp, gateway, router,
http, ftp, pop2/3, imap, smtp, snmp, file sharing, print sharing, chap,
slip, pap, video conferencing, talk, irc, news, da da da da da da .. and
then some .. all built in and easy to setup and manage.

As with my brief exchange with Nigel, WINE is also an option for running
windows apps, its not quite as stable as vm products but it doesn't
require an installation of windows on the machine as it provides
equivalent library files. You simply install the package as you would
under Windows, some work some don't.

Calum

-------------------------~-~>
> Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
> Call 1-800-555-TELL.  For more info visit:

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
Call 1-800-555-TELL and hear everything. For info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9529/9/_/2065/_/971731027/

begin:vcard
n:Morrell;Calum
tel;cell:+44 (0)709 214 1538