Alarm/PIRs/HV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Alarm/PIRs/HV
  • From: "Alan Cockerton" <alancc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:24:28 +0100

The Belfast meeting looked good, any plans for a meeting in the UK any where near East Anglia?

Darren 'Megapixel' was interested in signalling PIRs to his HV, I am doing this using a Karizma UDL control panel from ADE, www.ade.co.uk.

I have used the ADE equipment for many years, the UDL offers some very nice features.

Up to 30 zones using 4 core alarm cable wired in any configuration of star, radial or spur, each detection device is multiplexed onto the data line using an ID unit which is the size of a transistor and mounted inside the detector. The control panel can control up to 30 outputs using a POD driver unit, these can be connected directly to Home Vision and can be configured to be active when the alarm is activated, set, ID follow or many others.

I am using my set-up to signal to HV when motion is detected in certain rooms, HV will dim down the lights after a period of inactivity then bring them back up when I walk through. Also when I set the alarm at night HV will check the curtains and close them if open, turn off the lights then slowly dim the hall light as I retire to bed.

I had HV opening the curtains in the morning which was great until the alarm was set off by the movement, this is now changed so that the curtains open if it is after 7.00 and when the alarm is unset.

The great thing about the Karizma system is you can just add extra zones without wiring back to the panel.

Alancc

eGroups Sponsor