Re: NT5 [you may know it as Windows 2000]

> Because most people happily bimble on using their products, because
they
> are tied to the software that has been developed around them (homeseer
etc
> etc as you have pointed out earlier this afternoon).

But HS would not have been developed as a Windows app if Windows was not
the
prevailing OS that 90% of people used.

> Secondly, because product quality is almost completely unrelated to
market
> share.

True.  There a many other factors, price for example.   Although with Linux
being "free" and "better" it's amazing it's not on 90%
of PCs :-)

> And that's why MS does so well.  So few people are prepared to put any
> effort into getting something better.  And that's fine, if they're
happy
> with their lot, I don't care what OS they use for their accounts, as
long
> as it doesn't foul up my transactions!

So when Linux becomes as "idiot proof" as Windows will it start
to bite into
its sales???

M.

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9530/9/_/2065/_/971713844/