RE: NT5 [you may know it as Windows 2000]

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: NT5 [you may know it as Windows 2000]
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <jtankard@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:03:33 +0100

> I've been on client sites migrating system from Netware 3.1.2 to NT4
> servers, vastly more powerful and expensive. At one of the sites none
of
> the IT staff could remember when the Netware servers were last down
:-)

> Our NT boxes were down before we left the site :-(
>
> I should also point out that the 'migration' never completed, some
> servers now run on NT some on Netware, the company has received no
> benefit that I can spot.

The sad thing is Novell is loosing market share, and yet they have a better
product, certainly from the client's point of view. At the end of the day
Netware was designed from bottom up as a NOS and it does it very well, its
boxes just gather dust and so dont get talked about, they just do there
job.

John

No bidding, no
guesswork.  Just