Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 3:33 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] ADSL Test Report was: ADSL Installation Update

I've just run the test suggested by Neil F, here are the results:

Graham

www.dslreports.com
« - Cutting edge need not be bleeding edge Register
     Review Your ISP   search   about us   feedback
Navigation help

Newsletter

glossary:

Your download speed : 437595 bps, or 437 kbps.
Browsers would show : about a 53.4 k/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 244200 bps, or 244 kbps.
Have you seen?
Keep online diary
Line Monitoring
More free tools!
Busy Forums..
(table key)
kbps
65

129

193

257

321

385

449

513

577
k/sec
8

16

24

32

40

48

56

64

72
time
21.3h

10.6h

7.1h

5.3h

4.2h

3.5h

3h

2.6h

2.3h
  Some useful comparisons

telephone quality voice

33.6k modem download speed

typical 56k modem download speed

single channel ISDN

dual channel ISDN

IDSL

150k Video Stream

Fastest multiplayer game

192k 'near CD quality' MP3

300k Video Stream
DOWN
UP
Cable/DSL Performance Archive Project
Help us collect accurate speed statistics:
My zip code is: (just so we know what city you are in)
My provider is: (or .. name of ISP):
My line speed should be: down / up kbps
(eg 640 / 90 or 608 / 128 or 3000 / 300)
The time here is now: :30 (24 hour clock)
I've already tweaked my PC: (for higher download speed)

Privacy concerns? this information is used to create per provider/region speed statistics, thats it!
How good is this? Compare against others in your area

The last few minutes lines tested at (kbps down/kbps up):
1211/300 (wc)
1154/332 (ec)
1927/346 (ec)
239/580 (wc)
346/796 (wc)
1261/103 (ec)
225/247 (wc)
702/121 (wc)
371/123 (wc)
349/610 (ec)
1825/373 (wc)
482/107 (wc)
346/370 (wc)
43/28 (wc)
381/134 (wc)
239/603 (wc)
165/85 (wc)
155/110 (ec)
277/292 (wc)
312/108 (wc)
396/226 (wc)
656/642 (ec)
648/136 (wc)
497/72 (wc)
1041/215 (wc)
173/103 (wc)
460/709 (wc)
3163/934 (wc)
681/121 (ec)
1422/692 (wc)
1273/335 (wc)
1111/435 (ec)
53/105 (wc)
912/578 (ec)
34/382 (wc)
270/122 (wc)
509/67 (wc)
42/394 (wc)
640/317 (wc)
1101/108 (wc)
705/137 (wc)
508/70 (wc)
500/47 (ec)
3221/748 (wc)
364/54 (ec)
3095/780 (wc)
2876/247 (wc)
138/97 (wc)
640/104 (wc)
188/50 (wc)

10:30 eastern else stale page! © 1999,2000 dslreports. Bandwidth by Net Access Corp.
Please click for terms of use of this site. Use signifies your agreement to these terms.
 feedback

eGroups Sponsor