Re: iButton Control of your doors!

At 11:08 16/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>When I was fitting my new mortice lock, I forgot to take the Yale lock
off
>it's latch when I went outside to test it. One swift boot later I was
back
>in the house, and no visible damage to the door either.

One of my tenants went for that approach after locking themselves out...
but also managed to damage the frame in the process- the lock installer had
used short screws which tore away some of the wood.  It's now fitted with
4" screws, which should improve things.  I've considered taking the
Yale
off completely and just use the 2 mortice locks, but I suspect some tenants
wouldn't actually remember to lock the door if it didn't lock on it's own
behind them!

Nigel