RE: Automatic garage door gear - advice please

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Automatic garage door gear - advice please
  • From: nick.broughton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:46:21 +0000

Apologies for the potential resend but I sent this half an hour ago and
it hasn't appeared to me yet!

I too am interested to hear advice and suggestions on this topic.  I'm
planing on knocking the garage down and building a new one next year.

I'm particular interested in roller shutter doors or sectional doors,
and wide ones at that.  The plot is approx. 26ft wide and I'd really
like just one door!  I need to speak to an architect, but I'd like to
be armed with as much info on the automation front as possible.

Also I want to put some security in the garage.  Before discovering HA
I had considered one of those 100 quid simple wireless ones.  The house
is alarmed, but not by Comfort, I'd like to change that but the
existing system is still quite new, so that's going to have to wait a
while for WAF.  The garage is at the bottom of the garden about 100ft
from the house and the only wire linking them is a mains supply.
Anybody got suggestions on linking the garage alarm to the house alarm
(now or in the future)?

Regards

Nick