Re: Silent Phones

That will only work on 3 wire phones, which are getting rarer and rarer
these days.

To kill the ring signal propper, put a bridge rectifier inline with the
phone - AC terminals to the line and the DC terminals to the phone.

This will rectify the AC ring into DC. It has worked on 2 phones I have
done it on, Voltage applied to the phone is no higher then with a normal
ring, as the AC is in addition to the 45volts DC on the line (I think) -
in any case - the electronics in the phone are usually connected via 4
diodes to the line in a bridge configuration.

Of cource, try it on a phone with warentee left first :)

Obviously dont connect the 3rd wire thru the device, - if you want to
bypass the device on occasion the a double pole relay accross it and
another master socket after the device will allow that.

Keith Doxey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As promised here is the info on stopping your phones from ringing.
>
> http://www.diyautomation.co.uk/projects/silent_phones.html
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Keith

>                   Name: winmail.dat
>    winmail.dat    Type: application/ms-tnef
>               Encoding: base64

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Access Tellme from any phone.  For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9534/9/_/2065/_/971477459/