Re: GSM card for _desktop_ PC

See my other reply.

Once the adapter is fitted to the pc. It looks like a modem on a com port
a programmer.

Can be programmed using VB and sending what is an extended set of AT
commands as you would to any ordinary modem.

I did this way back with an orange 2140.

Steve.

> As such, I need a solution that a VB programmer can use. I'll look at
the
5100's.

> Regards,
>
> Mark

my home
PC...

> > What I want is something I could already acheive with:
> >
> >         - Laptop
> >         - PCMCIA modem with GSM kit
> >         - Mobile Phone handset
> >
> > What I want is a single PCI card, so I can use a desktop PC.
> >
> > In an ideal world, this PC card would have a SIM socket on-board
and act
as the handset.
> > Failing that, it would act as a modem, but with a GSM connector
for,
say, a Nokia 2110 handset (ie cheap, nasty, can be stuck in behind the PC.)

> > I could then get a cheapo SIM-only deal on a mobile phone
contract, and
lo, a PC which I could send messages to FOC with the various email->SMS
services out there...

> > M.

Last minute trips at
first-rate discounts