Re: bearbox

At 14:01 11/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>sort clearly marked and a print button. Document goes in requires
>signature button pressed, signature magically appears on document! A

Another snag with the idea is the increasing number of couriers where you
sign on a touchscreen with a stylus instead... I'm not sure it would be
fooled by putting it under a dot matrix printer head- maybe it's time to
drag that old plotter out of the attic and use it instead :-)

>it probably would as long as it was dated and recorded. The best way to
>ensure copyright is simply to post the relevant documents to you're
self

I know the theory, in reality I expect that 10% of my cunning plans
eventually appear on Tomorrows World, probably 1% of things on TW actually
come to commercial success, so I'd need to keep a lot of well
cross-referenced envelopes safe!

2 recently mentioned on here are LCD window blinds and the delivery system
I mentioned above, I'll be interested to see what develops!  Sadly, looking
at bearbox.com it gives a strong impression of being 'yet another internet
startup', with high hopes, lots of 'suits', few engineers, and
statistically poor prospects.

However, IMO, it is a much-needed product, and I hope it does well!  Sadly,
from bitter experience, it will probably be priced similarly to the Laing
doo-dad, so if I want one in the next 10 years I'll need to start buying
Lottery tickets or plan to build my own.  :-(

On a side note, I notice an article in this week's Electronic Weekly (p.48)
entitled "Long Live Copper!" ending "Copper cables are here
to stay", hurrah!

:-)

Nigel

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9532/9/_/2065/_/971276204/