Re: GSM card for _desktop_ PC

I think you can buy PCI cards for your desktop that give you PCMCIA
slots...

At 12:53 11/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hiya,
>
>I'd like to be able to send (and maybe receive?) SMS messages to my
home PC...

>What I want is something I could already acheive with:
>
>         - Laptop
>         - PCMCIA modem with GSM kit
>         - Mobile Phone handset
>
>What I want is a single PCI card, so I can use a desktop PC.
>
>In an ideal world, this PC card would have a SIM socket on-board and
act
>as the handset.
>Failing that, it would act as a modem, but with a GSM connector for,
say,
>a Nokia 2110 handset (ie cheap, nasty, can be stuck in behind the PC.)
>
>I could then get a cheapo SIM-only deal on a mobile phone contract, and
>lo, a PC which I could send messages to FOC with the various
email->SMS
>services out there...
>
>M.

,,,
(o o)
===============================oOO==(_)==OOo==================================
Stuart Grimshaw                                             sg@xxxxxxx
Special Projects Developer   www.schoolsnet.com               t: 07976
625221
Schoolsnet LTD                 .oooO  Oooo.                   f: 0870
7060260
\_)  (_/

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.  For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9533/9/_/2065/_/971272044/