RE: GSM card for _desktop_ PC

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: GSM card for _desktop_ PC
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:36:17 +0200

If you used CLI with this too (say if you always called from your mobile)
it would help a little..

A,

"Brown, Andy [Infrastructure]" <andyb@xxxxxxx>
11/10/2000 15:30
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
cc:
Subject:        RE: [ukha_d] GSM card for _desktop_ PC

If you have a dedicated phone line for the PC, why not just get it to
detect
the phone ringing (wait for the RING string on the COM port) and get it to
instigate the dial up.  You just have to give it a quick phone call then.
It obviously has its limitations (e.g spam phone calls), but it's quick
and
easy.

I've done this to turn my stereo down if the phone rings (although,
obviously not on a dedicate phone line!).

Andy