RE: Lutron

As an approved Lutron installer I would comment as follows:

1.  Using the Lutron Homeworks system for whole house lighting control will
set you back around 12-15,000 GBP as a starting point, but as Keith says it
is top quality.
The Grafik Eye range is ideal for single rooms with up to 6 lighting
circuits, and is relatively more affordable at 460 for 2 zones up to 840
for 6 zones.  Single circuit solid state dimmers with IR are 115.

2. Yes Grafik Eye can switch curtains but you would need one circuit for
open and one for close operating a relay.  Usually we would go with Silent
Gliss with Grafik Eye because you can use the volt free input circuit for
switching.

3.  If you go down the Grafik Eye route you will need a neutral into the
back box.

Can send you more details if you wish.  You can always go for big consumer
units for those x10 DIN switches, but remember to leave a cooling space
between the DIN dimmers.  You can get boxes that take up to 54 of the X10
DIN dimmers but they are BIG.

regards
John