RE: Re: Keith, You'll know this....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: Keith, You'll know this....
  • From: nick.broughton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:30:38 +0000

A friend told me that a friend of his has an answering machine which
_always_ answers calls where the CLID has been withheld before the
phone rings!

I guess this means that he gets the CLID before the ring, although I
guess the machine could pick up and then simulate a ring tone to the
caller?

Anybody know where I can get one of these answer machines?

Is it possible that the info seen in Hyperterminal shows the ring first
because some modems don't pick up until the ring (i.e. it loses the
first CLID data).

Nick