RE: Running Cables - A possible solution

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Running Cables - A possible solution
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:15:50 +0100

Hi Don,

one possible solution might be to make your own based on

http://www.diyautomation.co.uk/wiring/installation.html

"Several of the DIY stores sell a skirting board which is a clip on
plastic
cover which conceals the cables run around the base of the room. You can
make your own version by removing the existing skirting board and fixing
two
battens for the top and bottom of the skirting board leaving a channel for
the cables down the centre. Fix a thin plywood cover to the battens and add
a decorative moulding along the top edge. Once painted it will look like
normal skirting board."

This may or may not be a solution to what you want to do but it is
certainly
a lot cheaper than £54-00 per metre !

Hope that helps

Keith

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
Call 1-800-555-TELL and hear everything. For info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9529/9/_/2065/_/971014590/