Re: More Newbie questions....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: More Newbie questions....
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:37:10 +0100

At 12:17 06/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Nigel, Robert and I were discussing Krone blocks last night on IRC, I
have
>a vague idea of what they are, but a picture of some would help
enormously.
>Is there a URL other than the official krone site (10meg PDF file to
>download) that has some usefull info on them?

I've not come across useful info about them on the web, just from Keith D,
the Canford Audio catalogue and what I've learnt myself (I've used them in
the past for telecoms stuff, but never thought of them when it came to home
control wiring).  Farnell and RS both sell them, so probably have photos on
their web catalogues.

Basically, they come in 10 pair 'chunks', I use 237A's which have 20
connections in one row and 20 matching ones on the bottom, and are about
the size of a Mars Bar!  Each top connection is normally connected to its
corresponding bottom one, but there are various gadgets (suppressors,
disconnectors, test leads) which you can insert to break the connection if
needed for testing etc.

Each connection can have 2 similar wires punched down into it.  The 20
connections are numbered in pairs, 1-10.  I've also got some ABS ones,
which allow screened connections (A,B,Screen!), with 6x3 connections on
each row.  I've not used any of them- if anyone wants to buy them (I think
I have 4), let me know!

I also use the 301A boxes, which take 10 strips and have loads of room
inside for wires.  There are various accessories available, labels for the
strips etc, and various box sizes from '1 telephone' to '1 telephone
exchange'...

Nigel
nigel@xxxxxxx

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9530/9/_/2065/_/970839600/