Re: Comfort answerphone

At 17:14 05/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>I know that comfort acts like an answering machine when you are out but
can
>you set it to answer calls anyway after a certain number of rings ?

As well as Mark's comments, I would add that one of my favourite features
of Comfort (and probably my wife's second favourite after remote control of
heating!) is being able to have it switch to 'day mode' automatically late
each evening, with the number of rings set to 1 or none, to take messages
from folk who persistently phone late at night.  Normally it's set to 10 or
so rings, so there's no need to dash to answer it.

My Comfort is connected up to the house audio, so you get to hear the
message being left and can pick up the phone and talk to the person if it's
important.  Obviously, normal answerphones can't be programmed like that,
and it's come in useful on several occasions!

The main downside of the Comfort answerphone that remains is that if
someone hangs up without leaving a message or pressing #, you get several
seconds of dial tone recorded- I know they were looking into having it
recognise UK tones better, maybe someone with more recent firmware than
mine can say if it has improved since 4.61

Nigel
nigel@xxxxxxx

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.  For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9533/9/_/2065/_/970819571/