Re: Newbie Questions

Ian

Cheapest I can find at the moment is Buffalo ( I hadn't heard of them
but apparently they have a reasonable name).

I keep hearing stories about 'home priced' wireless networking at a
reasonable price but haven't come across anything which works out as
cost effective as the Buffalo for SOHO networking.

You can check out the prices at
http://www.netshop.co.uk/cgi/foxweb.exe/cgicode?catmenu2=3DWireless%20Techn=
ology
which also has details for 3Com wireless networking and another which
is the old 2mb/s technology (but interestingly is damned expensive!).

The price for a 2xPCMIA card solution with a base station is around
=A3450 inc VAT this will meet my needs.

The equivalent using 3com comes in at over =A31000 (ok it may have extra
facilities not of use in a SOHO environment but I don't need them) I
guess it costs a lot to put the little blue badge on ;)=20

If you see anything better and/or cheaper please let me know.

Mick

>> 6. Use of 2xFujitsu lifebooks with touch screen for control of
>> everything via wireless networking (803.11 I think)
>
>Mick, what Wireless Networking kit were you thinking of using?
>
>And do you have a cheap supplier(ie, less than =A3400 a NIC)?
>
>Ian.

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates=20
as low as 0.0% Intro or 9.99% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9331/9/_/2065/_/970818231/