Re: Newbie Questions

> I see that Comfort is supported by ACE so maybe I should start with
> that and then add homevision at a later date. The wife is likely to
> climb the wall if I buy both straight away and I am selling it to her
> on the security aspects ;)

If you need a security system then yes, go for Comfort first!

> With regards audio/video Keith's Kat5 solution sounds great, does it
> do audio and video and where can I find more information on this?

There will be different version to do different things.  For example a
stereo audio plus S Video version.  You could send pictures and stereo
sound
from your DVD player to your bedroom!

Keith - a KAT5 FAQ would be useful.  As I know you have lots of spare time
(NOT) is there anyone on the list (James Hoye?) that could do an
"un-official KAT5 FAQ"?

> Also Nigel mentions running video on Cat5 without any additional
> hardware could I them plug this directly into my ATI AIW graphics card
> for monitoring on the PC (via the composite video connection I assume)
> or could I connect it to an input on my AV receiver?

Depends on how noisy/long the route is.  I'm sending my CCTV composite
video
over CAT5 and it's great.

> Does anyone have experience of ACE?  For the price ($100 for all
> modules and unlimited clients) it seems like a good deal especially as
> I have 4 (soon to be 5) laptops and desktops.

I am using ACE within the new Comfort Web Interface system.  This give you
control of your Comfort System over the Web!!  Look out for an on-line
review of CWI next week.

M.

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9535/9/_/2065/_/970759973/